Meridian Homestay Services requires all adult members of a Host family to hold a current Working with Children check clearance.
The NSW Government has recently changed the working with children check process. If you hold a current working with check, this is valid through the phase in period to 31 December 2014. You will need to provide Meridian Homestay Services a copy of your new Working With Children Check prior to 31 December 2014.
To apply for the new working with children check, please follow the instructions below. Homestay is classified as 'Residential Services'. You will lodge your application online which will cover you for 5 years. Please send Meridian Homestay Services a copy once completed.
Step 1 - Complete Online Form
- Go to the NSW government’s website – www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au
- Click on the icon "Start Here"
- Complete the online form, NOTE: Under "Purpose for check" select "Volunteer, authorised carer, adult household member…" For "Child-related sector" select "Residential services"
- When you have completed the form and ticked the "Consent" boxes, submit your application
- You will see a "New application receipt" page that contains your Working With Children Check application number
- Print the page
Step 2 - Verify Your Identity
You must then attend a NSW Motor Registry or Government Access Centre to have your identity verified.